Meh.

This is miscellaneous things off the brain of a girl who goes by the name Arthi.

Warning!: You may find me alarmingly boring.

You were warned. So yeah, that's it.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises & Other Stories

I never know how to start these things. There's always these great ideas in my head before I open the page and then when I do, Boom!, my ideas crash into an endless whirlpool of lost great ideas that can never be found. Sometimes I think people will discover the remains of Flight 19 before I retrieve half the ideas I lost to my own Bermuda Triangle in this little mind of mine. I'm blabbering aren't I? That's what I meant when I said I never know how to start these things.

Now I remembered! The Dark Knight Rises. It's a movie that, without sounding like those snub movie critics that I'd love to sound like, is yet another successful Batman venture of Christopher Nolan. Perhaps not as successful as The Dark Knight but successful nevertheless. For people already exposed to the Batman comics, the end was unsurprising. But for people like me, who have learned and loved the caped vigilante from only the silver-screen, the end was not only surprising but quite the joy ride. In a single line about the movie, borrowing from a movie critic, I'd say the movie was a fitting finale for the trilogy. If I were to add one more thing, just one, it's a movie that one must watch for the reason that it is one of the greatest superhero movies of our times.

I always lose track of my ideas somewhere in the middle of a blog. Somewhere between the start of the typing and the finishing of a line of thought, the other lines of thought hide themselves from my core and turn to their trusty whirlpool of great ideas where they will live for a long long time hoping never to be found by the light of day. Why, I shall never understand. Nor do I hope to. Sometimes in life things are just that. No questions asked and, of course, no questions answered. Like the Second Law of Thermodynamics, for instance, devout Christians will never get their head around the idea. No questions asked and no questions answered. Sometimes faith is what keeps the world running. Faith is what keeps your systems up and running. In times of great distress, faith is the light at the end of the tunnel.
Arthi

No comments: