Meh.

This is miscellaneous things off the brain of a girl who goes by the name Arthi.

Warning!: You may find me alarmingly boring.

You were warned. So yeah, that's it.

Friday, September 4, 2009

And so I make a point

Ah yes! She lives! Anyway has it been a long time since I last blogged or what! Anyway not that I haven’t didn’t consider a few blogs in the meantime, they just didn’t seem as good as this one (my overconfidence doesn’t bug me anymore!) turned (read: is going to turn) out to be.
Being out of place with my likes has turned out to be just fine for me. Music, for instance, how many girls do I know who like the Beatles and Pink Floyd and the likes? It used to be a big deal, now its pure fun watching my BFF wince at the mention of the name of the band (no offense Mira) or band member. But what really hits me is this, when after so many hours of talking about (read “brain washing”) the greatness of a few songs she finally asks for me to give them to her (yay!) and then she says “Now I know how hell is! Those songs were so bad” A “They were okay” is an acceptable reply; “They were awesome” is the most expected reply; an “It was not bad. But… don’t suggest another song for me again” is a reply I can live with. But “Now I know how hell is.” Is just the kind of reply that makes a good man jump off from his clothing hit the skies and come right back into his clothing in just a second that no one could’ve actually noticed his little journey. Only this time it was a good woman instead of the good man. Of course, I’m now immune to all that.
Of course the worst is yet to come. I suggest to her a crappy song whose lyrics were similar to the faint memory of what she vents out to me she says the song is awesome and goes about humming it all the time. And then an actual good song gets the reply “Now I know how hell is.” That is the kind of incident that makes a man of character wince for the suffering one. And I do know many men of character who winced when I told them about this little incident. But now, I am no longer bothered by it. It's as normal as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west.
It is a rather well known fact that I am patient (really, I’m not bragging) in so many ways that my patience is sometimes misunderstood to be complacency. But then there is a limit to my otherwise limitless patience even! It's all normal until she (not Mira this time) comes around, all anxious, and asks “Can you do me a favor?” very invitingly. With no initial sign of any all-evil plan I agree to do whatever is in my reach. She asks “Do you have such-and-such song with you? HE said it's a great song but my computer’s slowness pisses him off. He really wanted me to listen to it. Do you have it?” and as is obvious the capitalized “he” is the person she likes. Very excited that the such-and-such song in question is a very good song I say I have it and I can give her the song. She listens to it and finds it “Amazing!!” why am I surprised? And then out of little generosity I suggest a song very similar in the greatness (as generally accepted) as the such-and-such song mentioned above. She listens to it and says “How dare you say that this song is twice as good as the song HE suggested!!” Oh well I’m not surprised!
Books aren’t exactly helpful when it comes to helping me fit in. Books I like aren’t the books everyone else likes. The same can be said of movies, although I have to agree movies are a wee bit better off. TV well I don’t have many like-minded people I can talk about that to. My other interest physics is, well, a rather repelling topic for many. And there I am in the midst of all this and a rather hyper enthusiasm for all my interests.
Sometimes after someone has vented out their heart to me I wonder “Where has reason gone?” especially if the someone under question here is a person who really likes another person of the other sex. Mood swings are my greatest enemy! Not that mood swings of my friends affects me that much. It's just those of the person who my friends like. I do understand that questions like “Why?” and “What could be the reason?” torments the minds of my otherwise quick witted friends. But going on to swearing that person for having mood swings when it is just normal for my friends to have them, reason does take a back seat! Of course it doesn’t matter much to me these days because I understand sometimes it's more about emotions than it is about reason. But it does bother me that reason is taken so lightly in a very universal fashion.
My humor, generally accepted to be very geeky in nature, is not a very attractive thing about my character. A joke like a bumper sticker on a car that reads “This IS my other car” has me in splits for a long time. While on the other hand the same has people around me plan a very gory murder of me in their minds. It doesn’t help ease the situation but I like these jokes anyway. They are fun for me, even if the reactions I get from my friends aren’t as inviting.
So finally coming to my point: is being different wrong or is it just under (or over) rated? It's definitely not wrong, helps you stand out in a crowd. But over rated I wouldn’t agree. It's kind of under rated. The fun you get by looking at the gaping reactions of people, the fun you get at enjoying the act of doing something your way and the satisfaction you get from both is definitely under rated!

2 comments:

vicky said...

nice....

athul said...

to this i totally agree!!.. You are epic and all!!